Patrada Ekadashi 2023: Fasting on Ekadashi has special importance in Hinduism. This fast is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. It is said that any devotee who fasts on the day of Ekadashi and worships Lord Shri Hari gets the desired fruit. On the other hand, whatever Ekadashi falls in the month of Savan, its significance increases even more. Patrada Ekadashi fast also falls in the month of Sawan. This fast comes twice a year. One in the Shukla Paksha of the month of Pusha and the other in the month of Savan. This time the Patrada Ekadashi fast of the Seventh month will be observed on August 27, 2023. So let’s know about the importance of this fast, the method of worship and Shab-e-Barat.
Shab time and Puran time of Patrada Ekadashi Puja
- Shukla Ekadashi Date Starts – 27 August 2023 at 12.08 AM
- Shukla Ekadashi Date Ends – 27th August 2023 at 9.32 PM
- Ekadashi Fasting Timing – 28 August 2023 5.57 am to 8.31 am
Patrada Ekadashi Fasting Mode of Worship
- On the day of Patrada Ekadashi, get up early in the morning and take bath and wear clean clothes.
- Now clean the place of worship and purify it by sprinkling Ganga water.
- After that place the idol of Lord Vishnu and Lakshmi ji on the post in the temple.
- Then perform the puja by lighting a pure ghee lamp and ringing the conch and bell.
- Now take the Patrada Ekadashi resolution fast.
- After that worship Lord Vishnu as per rules and regulations.
- On the day of Ekadashi, stay awake all night and perform bhajan kirtan of the Lord.
- Also ask Allah for forgiveness for any kind of mistake.
- On the next morning worship Lord Vishnu as before.
- Then invite the Brahmins respectfully and feed them and give them dakshina.
- After that, after giving prasad to everyone, take the food yourself.
Significance of Patrada Ekadashi
According to religious beliefs, fasting on Patrada Ekadashi helps childless couples get worthy children. Apart from this, every crisis hovering over the life of the child is removed. Fasting on Patrada Ekadashi prolongs the life of the child. It is also believed that observing the Ekadashi fast on this day and worshiping Lord Vishnu and Mother Lakshmi brings happiness and prosperity in one’s life.
(Disclaimer: The information given here is based on common beliefs and information. India TV does not endorse the same.)
Adhikmas Amavasya Upay: Today, on the day of Amavasya, do one of these remedies, you will get rid of all the troubles in your life.
Ekadashi Vrat August 2023: What are the dates of Ekadshi Vrat in August? Know the date, evening time and significance.
Vastu Tips: Pay special attention to the right direction while placing pots in the house, know here what is the right direction