Earthquake: Earthquake tremors have been felt once again in India’s neighboring country Myanmar. Earlier on Monday, October 23, earthquake tremors were felt here. According to the National Seismological Center, a magnitude 4.5 earthquake was felt at 04:53 on Saturday morning. While on Monday, magnitude 4.3 was recorded. However, there is no news of any loss of life or property due to this.
Why do earthquakes occur?
In recent days, there is an increase in the number of earthquakes in different parts of the world. Actually, there are 7 tectonic plates inside our earth. These plates are constantly rotating in place. However, sometimes there is conflict or friction. For this reason, earthquakes are continuously seen in different regions of the earth. The northern region of India is near the Himalayas. India and Nepal are prone to earthquakes due to their location on the border of two major tectonic plates in the Himalayan region stretching from North India to Northeast India. For this reason, its shocks are being felt in Delhi as well.
What is the relationship between Richter scale and earthquake intensity?
- Earthquakes on the 0 to 1.9 Richter scale can only be detected by seismographs.
- An earthquake with a magnitude of 2 to 2.9 on the Richter scale feels mild shaking.
- When an earthquake with a magnitude of 3 to 3.9 on the Richter scale occurs, it feels like a truck is passing you by.
- An earthquake measuring 4 to 4.9 on the Richter scale can shatter windows. Frames hanging on walls can fall off.
- When an earthquake with a magnitude of 5 to 5.9 on the Richter scale occurs, furniture can shake.
- An earthquake measuring 6 to 6.9 on the Richter scale can crack the foundations of buildings. The upper floor may be damaged.
- When an earthquake of magnitude 7 to 7.9 occurs, buildings collapse. Pipes burst underground.
- When an 8 to 8.9 Richter scale earthquake occurs, buildings and even large bridges collapse.
- A total disaster if an earthquake of 9 or more on the Richter scale occurs. If someone stands in the field, he will see the earth moving. Tsunami if the sea is near. In an earthquake, each scale of the Richter scale is 10 times more powerful than the previous scale.
Latest world news.