Bihar Reservation Amendment Bill passed unanimously

Bihar Assembly - India TV Hindi.

Image source: PTI
Bihar Assembly

Patna: A new chapter in the politics of Bihar has started on Thursday. The Reservation Amendment Bill was introduced in the Bihar Assembly on Thursday. This bill has been unanimously approved by all the parties. Let me tell you that 2 days ago the Chief Minister of the state Nitish Kumar informed about the passing of this bill by the Cabinet.

These changes will happen.

According to information released by the Bihar government, Scheduled Castes will now get 20% reservation, Scheduled Tribes 2%, Backward Classes 18% and Very Backward Classes 25%. The total reservation is 65%. Let us tell you that 10% reservation is already applicable for economically weaker sections. In total, the scope of reservation in government jobs and educational institutions will now be 75 percent.

Reservation Amendment Bill

Leave a Comment