Chhath Puja 2023: Tomorrow, the second and final Surya Arghya of Chhath, the great festival of folk faith, will be offered. This arghya will be offered to Lord Surya Naragana at sunrise tomorrow morning, Monday, November 20, 2023. Today was the third day of Chhat festival. After performing the evening arghya this evening, the sunrise offering of the sixth festival will be offered tomorrow. Just as the fasting women offered the evening argiya at sunset today. Similarly, land will be offered with devotion to the rising sun tomorrow. The Chhath festival is dedicated to the sun god and mother Chhatti Maya. Let’s know what time Surya Arghya will be performed on Chhath festival tomorrow.
Note the time of Surya Argya on the fourth day of Chhath.
Sunrise time for Monday, November 20, 2023 is 6:47 AM. Tomorrow at sunrise, the fasting women will ritually offer arghya to the sun god and seek the blessings of Chhatmaya. This will be the last and fourth day of Chhath festival, with a 36-hour fast followed by Arghya tomorrow.
Rules for performing Udayagami Arghya
- Before offering arghya to the rising sun, fasting women should go and stand by a pilgrim stream, pond or well.
- Before offering argya to the sun deity one should prostrate to him and pray to Chhati Maya with folded hands. The fasting women should then offer land to the sun god with devotion.
- While offering argya to the sun god tomorrow, offer argya facing east. Because the sun rises from the east.
- Be sure to use a copper vessel while giving land.
- Keep red flowers, Akshit, Kumkum etc. in a copper vessel while giving argya.
- When you offer surya arghya, just hold the copper pot with both hands and pour the water.
- After offering arghya, the fasting women should take a dip in the water and praise the Sun God. By doing this one gets the blessings of sun god as well as chathi maya. The blessings of both of them have special significance in this festival.
Mantra for offering Arghya to Sun God
- Om Surya Nama
- Om Bhaskaraya Nama
- Om Aditya Nama
- Om Varunaya Nama
- Om Mitra Nama
- Om Gharni Surya Nimas
Significance of land at sunrise
Offering arghya to the sun god in the morning brings positivity in life. It is believed that the sun is the soul of the world and illuminates the entire creation. In such a state when he rises, offering land before him is beneficial for both health and life. By offering argya to the rising sun in the morning, the body remains healthy and energetic. It is believed that offering Surya Arghya during Chhath festival gives manifold results and brings prosperity to children.
(Disclaimer: The information given here is based on religious belief and folk beliefs. There is no scientific evidence for this. India TV does not prove the truth of anything.)
On whose advice did Lord Rama worship Surya before defeating Ravana in the war? Know the whole reason behind it.
Chhath Puja 2023: Should milk or water be given before Arghya in Chhath Puja? Know its exact principle.