Patna: The world famous Harihar Khetar Sonepur Mela will be inaugurated by Deputy Chief Minister Tejashwi Yadav on Saturday. The festival will continue till December 26. On the opening day, the team of Bollywood singer Shraddha Pandit of ‘Sasral Genda Phool’ fame will present a cultural programme. Along with this, cultural programs will be presented at the cultural venue throughout the festival. Tourism Department Secretary Abhay Kumar Singh said that many preparations have been made by the Tourism Department to make the Sonepur Mela grand. A cultural center and an art and craft village have been built in the fair area. A temporary tourist information center has also been constructed in the cultural center of the fair area where tourist guides are also posted.
Swiss cottage for tourist accommodation
- Bihar State Tourism Development Corporation has constructed 10 Swiss Cottages with modern amenities in the Tourism Village.
- Along with this, a special tour package from Patna to Sonepur has also been made available. The charge for the cottage is kept at Rs 2500 only for the whole month. All cottages will have five star hotel amenities.
- A couple tour package (one night and two days) has been prepared for tourists. 6000 (two persons) will be paid for this, under which Etios AC vehicle will be provided.
- Apart from this, overnight stay with tourist guide, accommodation, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and water will also be provided in the tourist village.
- In this package, the vehicle will depart for Sonepur from Hotel Kautilya Vihar in R Block at 12 noon. On the first day one can enjoy darshan at the Hariharnath temple and cultural program at the tourist village, while on the next day after visiting the fair the vehicle will return to Patna by 3.30 pm.
The package will be available from 12 noon to 7 pm.
One day special tour package is designed keeping in mind the convenience of common tourists. This package will be from 12 noon to 7 pm. For this one has to pay Rs 900 per passenger for AC Bus, Winger, Decker Bus, Rs 950 per passenger for Traveler AC, Innova (Rs 1100 per person) and Etios (Rs 1300 per person). Under this package, vehicles, tourist guide, snacks and water will be provided to the tourists. In this package, a trip to the Harihar Kshetra Mela and Harihar Nath Temple from the tourist village with a trained guide will be available.