Ashtavanyak Temple: Who does not know the divine glory of Lord Shri Ganesha, the remover of obstacles? Today is Wednesday, on this day Shri Ganesha is specially worshipped. It is believed that Ganapati Maharaj blesses his devotees with all kinds of happiness and prosperity in life. Along with this, the blessing of being very knowledgeable and wise is also obtained by their grace. On Wednesdays most people visit his temple and have darshan. Even at home, people worship it on Wednesdays to seek Lord Ganesha’s blessings.
Shri Ganesha is worshiped first in any puja in Hinduism. He got this boon from Lord Shiva. Come on, today we are going to tell you about their 8 major temples, a visit to which will remove all the troubles of life and shower the blessings of Lord Ganesha. In the temples we are going to tell you about, each idol is present in its own form. That is, there is a belief associated with these temples that the idols of Shri Ganesha himself have appeared in these 8 temples.
Ashtavanyak Temple Tirtha Dham
- Mayureshwar Temple (Morgan) This temple is located at Morgaon, about 80-81 km from Pune in the state of Maharashtra. It is believed that Lord Ganesha killed Sindrasura, a demon seated on a peacock, at this place. That is why this temple got its name as Mayureshwar. The temple has four gates which are considered as symbols of Satyoga, Tritayoga, Dvapariyoga and Kaliyoga. There is also an idol of Lord Nandi. The temple has an idol of Lord Ganesha in a seated position, trunk facing left, four arms and said to have three eyes.
- Siddhi Vinayak Temple (Sidhtek) This temple is located in Ahmednagar. The distance of this temple from Pune is about 190-200 km. This temple is believed to be around 200 years old. This Shri Ganesha temple is built in the middle of the mountain peaks. The main entrance of the temple is in the north direction. It is believed that Lord Vishnu attained Siddhi here. One has to go through the mountains to circumambulate the temple. Shri Ganesha fulfills every wish of the devotees who come here. This is the proven place of Shri Ganesha.
- Bilaleshwar Temple (Pali) This temple is located in the Pali village of Raigan. The belief associated with this temple is that Bilal, a devotee of Lord Ganesha, was abandoned in the forest by his family members along with an idol of Lord Ganesha. Bilal emotionally remembers Shri Ganesha in the forest at that time. Lord Ganesha could not see the pain of his devotee and appeared to him personally. Thus the place came to be known as Balleshwar Mandir. Any devotee who comes here soon receives the blessings of Balleshwar Maharaj.
- Varavinayaka Temple (Mahad)- It is a Varadvinayak temple located in Raigarh, Kolhapur, Maharashtra state. It is believed that Varavinayaka Gajanan blesses all the devotees who come here for darshan. According to a tradition, it is also believed that Nandeep has been burning continuously here for many years.
- Chantamani Temple (Thevar) It is believed that Lord Brahma did penance here and his troubled mind became calm. The temple is situated on the banks of the confluence of three rivers Mula, Matha and Bhima near Thevar village. It is said that any devotee suffering from mental stress or anxiety, once he visits this place, all his troubles are removed.
- Grijatamaja Ashtavinayaka Temple (Lenidri) This holy place is one of the eight proven Ashtavanyaks of Lord Ganesha. This temple is located in Linadri village. This temple is about 90 km from Pune. This temple is situated on the Loniadri hills. This siddhi place fulfills all the desires of the devotees. One has to climb about 300 steps to get to the temple.
- Vaghneshwar Ashtavinayak Temple (Ozar) This temple is located in Ujhar, about 85 km from Pune. There is a legendary belief that there was a demon named Vighanasura whose terror haunted the saints. He used to create obstacles in the repentance of these saints. This was the place where Lord Ganesha killed the demon and freed the saints from its terror. Hence the name of the place came to be Vaghneshwar which is Shri Ganapati who defeats obstacles. Gajanan bestows such blessings on all the devotees who come here for darshan that all obstacles in their life are removed.
- Mahaganapati Temple (Ranjungaon)- Among the Ashtavanyak temples, this is the oldest temple of Lord Ganesha. The temple is believed to be 9-10th century old. The idol of Lord Ganesha in this temple is called Mahutka. This Shri Ganesha temple is located in Ranjan village of Pune district.
(Disclaimer: The information given here is based on religious belief and folk beliefs. There is no scientific evidence for this. India TV does not prove the truth of anything.)
Hanuman Mandir: 5 famous Siddhapeeth temple of Hanumanji, visiting here removes all bad things.
Last Ekadashi of December: When will the last Ekadashi of the year 2023 be observed? Note the date