New Delhi: Former Congress president Rahul Gandhi will be on a tour of Southeast Asian countries from December 8. In this 7-day tour, he will visit countries like Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Vietnam. Among them, they will spend most of their time in Malaysia. He is scheduled to address a press conference in the Malaysian capital. Apart from this, he will meet the Prime Minister of Malaysia and address the Indian diaspora at the Time Square Hotel. He is also scheduled to hold talks with the Malaysian Indian Congress at the MIC headquarters on December 9.
Where will Rahul go on his 7 day trip?
Rahul Gandhi is going to start a 7-day tour of Southeast Asian countries from December 8. He will arrive in Malaysia on the evening of December 8 and will stay there till December 10. He will then arrive in Singapore on December 11 and stay there till December 12. After Singapore, the former Congress president will reach Indonesia’s capital Jakarta on December 13 and Vietnam’s capital Hanoi on December 14. He will then leave for Delhi from Hanoi on the night of December 15. According to reports, Rahul will address programs for Indian expatriates and students at some universities in these countries.
Schedule of Rahul Gandhi’s visit to Malaysia on December 9:
- 12:00 pm: Press conference at Qureshi Restaurant, Kuala Lumpur.
- 12.00pm to 01.30pm Business Lunch with Malaysian Indian Chamber of Commerce
- At Qureshi Restaurant, Kuala Lumpur.
- 03:00 PM – 04:00 PM: Meeting with the Prime Minister of Malaysia at his residence in Putrajaya.
- 05:00 PM – 07:00 PM: Interaction with Malaysian Indian Congress at Netaji Hall, MIC Headquarters.
- 07:30 pm – 08:30 pm: He will address the Indian diaspora at Time Square Hotel.
- Dinner at Safdar Khan’s residence from 08:45. About 30 people have been invited for this dinner.
Rahul’s first foreign visit after election results
This is Rahul Gandhi’s first foreign visit after Congress’s disappointing performance in the recent assembly elections. In the assembly elections held in the 5 states of Mizoram, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh, the Congress won only in Telangana, and faced failure in the rest of the states. The Congress even lost Chhattisgarh state to the BJP, where its victory was considered certain.
Latest India News
(Translation of Tags) Rahul Gandhi