Utapana Ekadashi 2023: This month of Margshershah is going on. Today is the Ekadashi of Krishna Paksha of this month. Today Utapana Ekadashi fast will be observed on Friday 8th December 2023. Ekadashi fasting and worship originates from Utapana Ekadashi. Ekadashi Devi killed Lord Vishnu in a battle with demon peacock. Because of this, she was blessed by Lord Vishnu to be worshiped in the world as Ekadashi. Along with your worship, I will help the devotees who fast on each Ekadashi date of every month to cross the ocean of existence.
What to do on the day of Utpana Ekadashi.
- On Utapana Ekadashi one should take bath in the morning and commit to Ekadashi fast.
- On this day one should refrain from bathing etc. and worship Lord Vishnu.
- If you want, you can eat fruits for a while during the fast.
- It is good to visit Lord Vishnu’s temple on this day and offer a lamp of sesame oil to him or offer a lamp after sunset by a sacred river at a holy pilgrimage site.
- Today, on the day of Ekadashi, one should wake up at night and listen to the story of Utpanna Ekadashi.
- Donating a ghee lamp to Lord Vishnu’s beloved Tulsiji in the evening brings the desired results and obtains the blessings of Lord Vishnu.
- On the day of Utpan Ekadashi, chanting mantras of Lord Vishnu in odd numbers 5,7,9,11 with 108-seeded tulsi mala gives good results.
- Those who observe Ekadashi fast today with true heart, they get every material happiness of life and it is said in the scriptures that those who observe this fast attain salvation at the end of their life.
Now know what should not be done on Ekadashi day.
- On the day of Utpanna Ekadashi, one should not criticize, abuse or be rude to anyone.
- One should not eat food on this day and should not eat rice even by mistake. In the scriptures people who eat rice on Ekadashi go to hell.
- Tulsiji leaves should not be broken in this heart. Note that you can worship Tulsiji on Ekadashi day. But on this day their leaves should not be broken even by mistake.
- The fast of that day should be broken the next day at the time of Purana. If the fast is broken before or after the old time, it becomes a sin instead of the virtue of the fast.
- Utpanna Ekadashi Iftar will be tomorrow Saturday, December 9, 2023 from 7:03 AM to 7:13 AM. During this time it is obligatory to break the fast.
(Disclaimer: The information given here is based on religious belief and folk beliefs. There is no scientific evidence for this. India TV does not prove the truth of anything.)
Horoscope 08 December 2023: How today will be for people with radix numbers 1 to 9, read your horoscope here
Vivah Panchami 2023: This year Lord Ram and Mother Sita will get married in a very rare combination, know the exact date and time.
(Tags translation)Utapna Ekadashi 2023